Pictures & Videos
~ 251 Sundance Lane ~
251 Sundance Lane is a Government approved, surveyed and pinned housing lot located in Keppoch on the historic nautical landmark, Lobster Point. The property sits directly above the East end of Keppoch Beach. Aside from overlooking Keppoch Beach, the commanding view encompasses Northumberland Strait, Hillsborough Bay, St Peter's Island, Holland Cove, the entrance to Charlottetown Harbour and the historic lighthouse on Blockhouse Point which was built in 1851 and is still in operation today.
Approximate Dimensions :
* Lot area: 47,916 Sq Ft (1.1 Acre)
* Depth: 300'
* Width: 100' - 240'
* Street frontage: 110'
* Beach frontage: 95'
* Serviced with municipal water and sewer.
* Electrical, cable and phone services are located underground and the locations marked.
* Breathtaking, cliff top view overlooking the beach, bay, islands as well as the lighthouse and the entrance of the Harbour.
* In summer, watch the cruise ships majestically glide in and out of the Harbour as the occasional eagle soars just above your head catching updrafts from the cliff.
* In winter, the seal herd entertains as they cavort in the water after sunning themselves on the ice while the Coast Guard ice breakers keep the Harbour active. At night, the moonlight reflecting off the ice is bright enough to read by.
* This homesite faces Southwest, providing spectacular evening sunsets.
* Located in a quiet end of Sundance Cove, you may have a water view in two directions.
* Quality, well landscaped neighboring homes, built on spacious one acre lots.
* Nearby cottages are being replaced by upscale Summer Homes.
* Beautiful and quiet upscale neighborhood with great neighbors.
* The cliff and surrounding trees provide wind protection for this natural sun trap.
* Well protected against storm surges and rising water levels.
* Very conservative bank erosion rate.
* This is the only home site in Sundance Cove with a deeded right-of-way to the private and exclusive Keppoch Beach - one of the best and warmest beaches on the Island.
* Beach access lane is adjacent to the property with the beach just a short walk away.
* Mature sugar maple and birch trees are sprinkled throughout the site.
* Preliminary clearing and landscaping has been completed and the debris removed.
* This Homesite provides for an almost unlimited flexibility in choice of home design:
- Gentle slope in two directions allows either hillside or level lot designs.
- Irregular lot boundaries provides for an unrestricted choice of home design and placement.
- Lane access and/or street access provides a choice of driveway locations.
* HST should not be applicable on this property saving the buyer 14% of purchase price!
There are other beautiful locations on P.E.I. that may offer some of the above features. While most of those sites have already been built upon, possibly some may still be available for purchase. However, it is unlikely that any other available location in this Province can come close to offering so much, at any price.
Provincial Property Number: 437186
Geographical Coordinates: 46-91-37N, 63-06-06W
To view the property in Google Earth Street View - The addresses are slightly in error and is in the area shown as "228 Sundance Lane". It is the area situated between the Lobster Point Lane sign and the parked car.
This video is taken from the vacinity of pin # 202 showing the view and panning back to the fence.
What are your hobbies? Golf? Two excellent courses are within minutes of the property and several more just a short distance further on. Boating? Two marinas lie within about 10 minutes and you can beach your boat on the sandy shore just in front of the property. Like to watch boats & planes? All the pleasure craft and shipping entering Charlottetown Harbour pass right in front of the property and if aviation is your thing, the glide path for the airport is just over the headlands opposite the property, near enough to see but far away enough to barely hear. Photography? You wouldn't even have to leave home to get spectacular shots of the sky and sea. Swimming, hiking, beachcombing, walking? The beach is right in front of you. Gardening? The property faces and slopes toward the Southwest making it a natural suntrap. Or would you rather sit on your deck and watch the world in front of you. When you view the photos on these pages that are taken from the property, keep in mind that they are all taken from ground level. Just imagine what they would be like from a second floor, ten or more feet higher. Then again, wouldn't a studio in a tower be spectacular?
- Return To Top -
© Eric Bentley 2010.